From: Mr Copies <mrcopies@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] How do I test my lock module?
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 1999 3:02 AM

Hi Everyone!

Here's a quick power lock question I haven't been able to find in the
archives.

My central locking system doesn't work.

So here's what I've done....

I tested the solenoids and I can manually fire off each one (together) by
attaching a wire directly to the battery terminals and then touching the
solenoid connections.

In it's regular state...there doesn't seem to be any power going to the
system at all.
Solenoids, door contact switch etc....are all dead.

In the MAIN connection plug - My module connector only has 4 wires coming
out of it - should there be five or more??
My female connection switch has the bottom 4 holes filled - every other
hole is empty. I have the small plug that jets out of the main bundle
attached. When I opened the actual module (black box) there appears to be
some wires cut on each of the two relays (?), ....I'm almost afraid to ask
if this is standard. :)

The last owner of my Delorean told me that he had "remote" locks...but lost
the key transmitter... and now I'm wondering if he hacked into the factory
lock system to retrofit his.

Were remote locks standard in 83?...or is this some after-market ^$#*&$#^*.

He butchered the electrical system. I felt like Quincy tonight conducting
an autopsy.

Would the other relays in the system affect the lock module? I'm going to
replace the 8 common ones next weekend and was wondering if it would help.
Also...the lock module itself doesn't appear to have a fuse or
anything...am I missing something.

I appologize in advance if the questions are dumb.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

mike@xxxx
VIN #17089
windsor, ontario

FREE email Newsletters delivered right to your in-box.
CNET, USAToday, RollingStone, and more?
Click Here Now! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/314

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews