[DML] DML: Painting at Factory?

I also want to get in one comment before this thread dies.

If you have ever visited a car plant, you will know that painting is a
big, complex operation. It takes a large facility and a lot of
equipment to apply paint to cars and dry it properly. Part of the
genius of JZD's plan was that almost no paint was needed on DeLoreans,
so a very large expense was saved.

I know the DMC factory experimented with painting and tinting parts of
some body panels, and I can imagine that perhaps they would commission a
private paint shop to paint a whole car or two. But I seriously doubt
that they would have ever painted a DeLorean at the DMC factory. It
would not make sense.

- Mike Substelny

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews