[DML] Re: Jan. 1st

On 26-Apr-99 William T Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999 dtaylor2@xxxx wrote:
>
>> I wanted to know if anyone knows if Y2K will affect the onboard
>> computer in the "D"
>
> I'll go out on a limb here and say that Y2K will affect the onboard
> computer in no or virtually no cars. We had a discussion about this a
> while back and it seems the criteria for a Y2K problem are:
>
> Clock must be installed in system;
> System must care about clock output;
> Clock must be set to valid date.
>
> I don't know whether the DMC-12 computer contains any clocks or not, but
> if it does, you can reset them to 1981 by disconnecting the battery. :}

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that the
DeLorean doesn't have any computers as we normally think of them. At
least nothing with a microprocessor and memory. Just some ciruits that
work as parts of feedback loops in the engine control system.

- J

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews