[DML] Re: DeLorean Back Seat

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Michel Poulin wrote:

> Hold the boat... I'm new to this list, but I thought I was keeping on top
> of most of the DeLorean production news... '97 prototype? Was this part of
> the "Firestar" project? Or something seperate?

No, the '97 prototype is an effort by Bob Brandys to update the DeLorean
with modern technology, or, at the very least, improved technology. It's
unrelated to JZD. It can be found at www.delorean-midwest.org, click the
"1997 DeLorean Time Machine" link.

> And BTW, what ever happened to the Firestar Project? I've seen start
> dates ranging from 97-99. And with the lawyers still after John, I can
> understand if it doesn't happen any time soon.

Nothing. JZD is still trying to make a new car, probably not stainless
steel, unknown (to me) on the gull wings, but it is not the Firestar.
The Firestar was to be based on the original DMC-12, his new car is
unrelated to it. He says he wants a 400-HP engine in a car to be sold for
under $20,000. I'll believe it when I see it :}

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dmcnews