Re: [DMCForum] A/C question

Well, Marc, I never got as far as feeling the hoses in the wheel well.
When I ran the car with the door open I could hear the relay for the
compressor clicking on and off every 20-30 seconds so I just shut it.
I think I need to track down the reason for that first.  It did that last
year when I first bought the car but after I had it charged the
compressor would stay on.  Or else I thought it did -- I seldom use
the A/C and just tried it yesterday for the first time since September.
I did notice that I get no airflow on "heat" and when the compressor
kicks off and on my SpecialT fan fix light comes on and goes off (the
fan fail light).  Something's screwed up to say the least.

> is your heater core bypased?  If you thought you had a
> leak in the heater core it would have been best to
> drop the whole heater/AC box and refurbish it before
> you charged the AC..

No, it's not.  That question came up on the Forum a few months ago
when I was asking about the  white slime.   I'm still not sure the
heater core is bad because I can't find any signs of a leak and the
"slime" really is just a white powder that I haven't noticed lately.
Maybe I'm just still cleaning the PO's grunge off.

> With the AC on MAX, the hoses should be warm, but not
> hot.  The reciver/dryer canister should be very cold,
> but not have ice on it

Is that the same as the accumulator - the silver cannister under the
wheel well?

click here