[DMCForum] Re: white haze - my saga continues

[DMCForum] Re: white haze - my saga continues

Do you have problems with copper plumbing in your house, especially at
the elbows? Heater cores are made of the same stuff. Tiny
particlulates can wear holes at the bends of a heater core just like
copper household plumbing elbows. Well water is notoriously harsh
(suspended sand).

There's no way to fight "The Fog". Ethyl Glycol fumes will waft
throughout the passenger compartment no matter the HVAC settings. And
the colder outside temps are, the worse that slimy film will be. Your
only hope of driving for now is to bypass the leaking heater cores.
Will be miserably cold, but at least you'll be able to see.

I do commiserate. Once purchased a Lincoln in Maryland with a leaking
heater core. Drove it home in the middle of the winter with the heater
core bypassed. Gloves, hat, and coat the whole way.

(BTW: For the past 2 weeks North Carolina has been trapped under a
high pressure system. Daytime temps in the low 70's, dropping to 50 or
so overnight. Sunny too. Is expected to last at least another 7 days.
But I guess you don't want to hear that right now.)

Bill Robertson