Re: [DMCForum] Re: Why I Own and Drive a DeLorean

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Why I Own and Drive a DeLorean

Bob

If you can provide me a 3D CAD file of the shape I can get my friends at
TaylorMade Glass give me a quote to make a few.  I will volunteer my
time and my machine time to produce the forms if you cover the cost.  It
does require special wood that isn't cheep, but I would guess we could
do it for less than $500.  I don't have any idea what the production
cost will be, but it won't be in the $100,000 range.  The windows will
meet ISO 9004, DOT, ABYC, and USCG safety standards.

Andrei

Bob Brandys wrote:

>Yes,
>
>All of  this stuff can be done to the glass.   The problem is that is
>costs thousands of dollars.
>
>Now If I could get 1,000 Delorean owner who want to put real window in
>their cars.
>
>We could talks some serious consideration of glass windows.
>
>That is why I went with Lexan.
>

>PS I even talked with a guy in Morocco who claimed he could make the
>glass windows for a reasonable cost. He was a supplier to Volvo.
> However, he backed out of the deal when i sent him samples.   He was
>nice enough to send them back.
>
>BOB
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

click here