[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

Walt - Now you can see why I strongly recommended doing a complete
clutch change instead of simply changing the throw-out bearing.  I
didn't notice an order for a clutch kit come through DPNW `:-/  In
regards to the removal of the automatics ... I think that you are
correct, in that the bolts for the torque converter can be accessed
through some ports in the housing.  In short, a good tranny jack is
what it's all about when doing a clutch.

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest - Authorized source for Sachs North America
complete clutch kits (made by Sachs Germany)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:

> The throwout bearing had pretty well seized up causing the
> outer race to wear on the clutch fingers making them paper
> thin.  John Hervey warned about this.  I now see why it is
> bad to keep driving with a noisy bearing.
>
> Can anyone say if pulling an automatic transmission would be
> any different?  I suppose the torque converter would unbolt
> from the flywheel and drop straight down.  Since the
> automatic is bigger, I dont think there would be enough room
> to slide it forward like you have to do with a manual.

click here