RE: [DMCForum] DMC logo...

> I get what you mean.  I was wondering if it was so
> simple to get permission
> from JZD, had they tried to get the same permission
> or even buy it from him
> instead of handling it the way they are now.

Well, dont get things confused.  Wayne was talking
about a copyright on the service manuals and mixing
that in with a discussion on trademark logos.

The way I see it, JZD has no legal claims on the
trademark logo because he has not enforced (or even
renewed) the trademark in over 20 years.

Getting permission from him personally for the logo
would not be necessary.  However, the copyright on the
service manual is another story even though all of the
vendors have been making copies of it for 20 years!