Re: [DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

Re: [DMCForum] Why The Controversy Over 038 vs 066 Series CPR's?

I don't remember saying that, but I may have said something like "the
038 CPR is designed to work with a non-lambda metering head", which is
true, but it's basics here - the pressures are very similar with the
exception of the throttle enrichment - a function disabled on a hot
engine with an 066 CPR and taken over by the WOT switch.

If you run an 038 cpr plus lambda system with working WOT switch, you're
going to be running richer than the system was designed when you boot
it. If you still have a cat, this could well result in glowy glowy moments.

Remove any one of the above and you can probably run a 038 CPR without
any ill effects on a DeLorean engine. We've had better results with an
066 even with all the euro spec stuff.

Martin

Walter Coe wrote:

> So Bill, are you saying that I can replace my 066 Series
> with an 038 without doing any other modifications?  That is
> what it sounded like you were saying.  But Martin is saying
> that it requires disabling the Lambda system.

click here