Re: [DMCForum] New poll for DMCForum

Over here Personal plates can't be chosen. They cost money (and ai Mean
A LOT) and 7 is the maximum number of characters. A friend has 1982 D
and it cost him a lot more than a grand. The nature of our system means
that all reg's show the date of registration. Not to go into great
detail, but my old BX, an F-reg was F244 XCV, which was 1989. My Xantia,
V, V346 JKV is 1999.

Thankfully there's a slightly different system in N Ireland, whose
plates are legal here, and are dateless. I bought XIL 4426 for my
project car for £120 (vin 4426). I bought IIL 1611 for my other one
because all those I's and 1's make it really small and look like a bar
code, and fit in the rear bezel

Martin

timnagin wrote:

> Hey Martin, how many letters are allowed on a personal plate where you
> live?
> Here in Tennessee the limit is seven, but it seems like you guys could
> come
> up with some really cool plates.  Just curious.
>
> Greg

click here