RE: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

RE: [DMCForum] Time for a new political discussion...

> But you stated, "I firmly believe that if Gore took
> the office he was
> elected to that the events of 9/11 would NOT have
> taken place."  So, why
> would they have not taken place if Gore was in
> office?  They way it seems,
> and the fact that they were actually planning to use
> many more planes than
> what happened, is that it was planned and going to
> happen no matter who was
> in office.

You did read my entire post??  I said, I think Gore
would have continued to pay attention to the
activities of these people (as Clinton did).  In which
case, they would have been caught before they had a
chance to execute the plan.  Bush was not watching
them.  He was too focused on his vacations at the
ranch.

<SNIP>

> Ok, Bush was in office for only about eight months
> when the events of
> September the eleventh took place.  Klinton was in
> office for eight years
> and did nothing.  How does that logic work in your
> head that it is all
> Bush's fault?  Couldn't it also be argued that, when
> a new administration
> takes over and are learning from the hand-off of the
> previous
> administration, if the previous didn't consider it a
> threat or take action,
> then they would deduce this as well?

The evidence presented at the 9/11 hearings is that
Clinton did PLENTY.  Again, did you read my entire
post?  I said this already.  Clinton considered it a
REAL threat, and was taking action. The Clinton people
warned the Bush people that there was a REAL THREAT
from Binladen and they needed to continue to pay
attention to the situation.
<SNIP>

> >Again Clinton did, and failed.  Obviously Osama is
> not
> >an easy man to find, especially if you are not best
> >friends and receiving money from the rest of his
> >family.
>

> So again, it is all the fault of the Bush
> administration.

Better to have tried and failed (as Clinton did) then
not try at all (as Bush did).  Again, as the date of
the event drew closer, there would have been more
activity among the people they should have been
watching.  It is a good bet that the terrorists would
have been stopped before they set foot on the planes
the morning of 9/11.   (This is what I believe, not
Michale Moore)
<SNIP>

> Shoulda...woulda...coulda... again, hindsight is
> 20/20.  If you want to play
> that game, the events of September the eleventh
> happened because Klinton
> didn't act.  If Klinton had acted, then the Bush
> administration would have
> either had to pick up where Klinton left off, or
> dealt with the effects of
> whatever decision, and actions if any, he would have
> made.

The evidence is that Clinton DID act, and Bush did NOT
pick up where Clinton left off..  Gore would have.

> >><SNIP>

> >If we had Gore, we would still have the WTC.
>

> Again, how can you state that since the plans were
> under weigh anyway?  How
> could Gore being president have effected those
> planes from not flying into
> the WTC?

See above!

> Your logic is failing more and more.  Do you have a
> Michael Moore Shrine?
> ;)

Hardee-har har!