Re: [DMCForum] Re: time to park the D lol

Re: [DMCForum] Re: time to park the D lol

I just realized how spineless my first post made me look lol. The reason I'm so patient when it comes to the DeLorean is because I remember how it is seeing one for the first time. People get so excited, flustered, and irrational when they see the car. I was the same way when I saw my first D, though I didn't do anything terrible. I must have seemed like a complete babbling retard to the owner though lol. Luckily he was so awesome with me... let me sit in it, play with the doors, take tons of pictures, and let me grill him for a good half hour. He's the one who pointed me to the DML over four years ago, and I credit him for owning one today. Not only did this owner make a strong impression on me, but he did with my parents as well. After seeing that car and speaking with that owner, my parents finally caved in and agreed to let me start looking for one for myself (I was 17 at the time... I needed their blessing to get a car titled, registered, insured, and a to be able to have a place to keep one). So anyways, long story short this guy had such an impact on me I vowed when I bought my DeLorean I would treat all those that approach me with that same level of respect. I guess I've just bumped into so many assholes who drive classic/special interest cars that I'd like to be the exception. I make it a point to tell people that they are affordable, I'm just an average Joe, and that they're reliable as daily drivers. I think you're right though... I'm going to start laying some ground rules before I let people sit in the car. -Louie

--- "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seriously though, why the hell do you grit your teeth? It's your
personal property and you nearly lost your F'ing life for it! Stand
up for yourself man! People like this need to be told where to get
off!