Re: [DMCForum] Walter barefoot

I'm hoping maybe I can get the car back together today.  I
took Jim Sleeth for a ride in it a few days ago, and he said
it sounded like a bad carnival ride.  The cross-drilled
front rotors buzz every time I stop.  The glazed rear rotors
squeak like hell.  There were plenty of clunks every time I
went over a bump.  The only sound the car lacked is that
ratcheting/clicking sound that a roller coaster makes going
up the initial ascent.

So since Samuel showed up to work on his a/c, that inspired
me to replace the trailing arm bolts for some of those
Inconel ones.
Back in 2001 I replaced the bolts with PJ Grady stuff.
Those have held up fine, but I think they might have
loosened slightly.  Changing TABs on an automatic is a royal
pain since the trailing arm has to come off, so I've been
delaying that.

I think that the main source of my rear clunking is where
the tops of the shocks mount to the frame.  The bushing
slips, and the shock's shank rubs the frame.  This seems to
be a problem with every shock I've tried -- OEM, PJ Grady,
DMCH.  Well, I can't say there is a problem with the DMCH
shocks cuz I haven't taken it apart yet.  I'll check it
soon.

> and he wears them way down near the end of his nose, so he
can look over the top.

These glasses have no nose-piece per se.  They are made to
sit on the end of my nose so that I can look over them.
It's kinda cool because they make me look like a mature
responsible older guy, and I'm not. :-)  Well older, yeah.
It's scary not being able to tell the difference between a
raisin and a bug when I'm eating without glasses.  I wasn't
that bad a year ago.

Being barefoot rules!  I haven't worn anything on my feet in
days.  Life has so many new textures now.  I'm gonna stay
barefoot as much as possible, i.e., all the time.

Walt

click here