[DMCForum] The loose ends...Andrei, see end of post

[DMCForum] The loose ends...Andrei, see end of post

As the day draws nigh for me to begin the 'Fridge Run, I'm still
steadily repairing things. The more I fix here, the less I have to
fix in Florida, the more I can help other people.

I have all new gas struts now. I have the hardware and struts mounted
on my louvres now. I've re-covered and installed my door headliners.
I'm new to cosmetic repairs. I have one or two faint wrinkles. You
can't see them from 3 feet away. Mike and I hit my engine with
degreaser and blasted it at the car wash. The engine -shines-. It
almost looks fake. Tweaked my parking brake so it holds now.

The new angle drive has arrived, thanks to PJ Grady for the priority
work. I'll install it today after work.

I'm mostly packed. A/C condensor, tools, spare parts. The engine is
pretty well correct. Timing, idle, power. I no longer smell partially
burned fuel in the exhaust. Brakes, new. Steering, new ends and
bushings all the way 'round. All aligned properly. I didn't replace
the rack but I don't think I need it...(yet).

I regret that I won't have the new fascia painted and installed for
the trip. The car would look positively smashing then.

I've driven it to DC every day for the last 2 months or so. If DC
traffic and potholes don't kill it then a smooth ride on I-95/I-75
shouldn't. It's an entirely different vehicle from 17 months and $6k
ago.

Mike Cohee will be with us in spirit if not in body. I have plenty of
donor parts and his labor in my car. I wouldn't be ready if it
weren't for you Mike. Thanks.

It looks like the barbque will be at my parents' vs. my uncle's. This
matters little except that we won't have access to the "spool".
Probably still to cool for it anyway.

Andrei, any word on if your facility will be available for use? Have
you had a chance to hit the A/C hose shop yet?

Samuel, are you going to make it? I know you're kind of on the edge.

See you all soon,

Rich A. and