Re: [DMCForum] I now know why...

My Pontiac's fans don't even kick in until 225. I know the DeLorean likes to run cooler though. Mine rarely goes past the first tick on the gague. Regarding your car, keep at it :-). There's a shake down period of about 2 years with these things. My first DeLorean tested me to my absolute limits... and it was fairly far along the development curve. It HAD been the previous owner's daily driver for 3 years, and had about $12k worth of reciepts in parts and upgrades done from then. There were times when I just threw my hands up in the air and wanted to never see the damn thing again. Somehow walking away from it for a few days, or even a week or two got me back in the mood to go back into battle lol. Even my new car, which is lightyears ahead of my old one has things that are driving me nuts. I didn't drive it the last month because it has a sticking idle that I just can't take lol (I finally fixed it yesterday... woohoo!!!!). You'll be surprised by how picky you get as your car gets further along the development curve. I used to laugh at a friend of mine who got so bent out of shape with problems like this... I thought they were so trivial. I totally understand now! Anyways, even if your car isn't ready by the Fridge Run, perhaps we can come to you? I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing your car in the flesh after hearing you talk about in here. Good luck with it, and show the car that it's YOUR bitch... not the other way around... lol. -Louie