Re: [DMCForum] Re: [DML] DeLorean Performance Ignition Kit

Re: [DMCForum] Re: [DML] DeLorean Performance Ignition Kit

Mike also once claimed responsibility for thinking up the door straps
whereas it was a factory worker who demonstrated the idea with his
neck-tie (we know because we've spoken to him). Loasby then wrote it up
as his own (this is my recollection of the story)

I think the Lotus guys have confirmed the story.

I've never heard of springs unwinding, only going weaker (think how your
torsion bar - essentially a strait spring -  needs one or two notches 22
years on)

Martin

Marc Levy wrote:

>After his speach, Rob and I grilled him a bit harder
>(mostly rob asking about some prototype suspension
>thing he had...) and I asked him again about the
>lowering.  He was very clear to say that although it
>has been commonly accepted that the DeLorean was
>raised at the last minnute, it was not.  The car was
>produced at the hight it was designed for.
>
>I remember Stephen (DMCH) commenting something about
>the springs unwinding with age, but I honsetly thought
>he was kidding.. Maybe not?

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c8lbotl/M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072011245/A=1911856/R=0/*http://www.lifescapein
c.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1985> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1911856/rand=972369715>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: