Re: [DMCForum] Re: Full Circle To Andrew's Knocking

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Full Circle To Andrew's Knocking

I think he's overly retarded.  Just to be contrary.

I think I am going to start some ridiculous rumor and see how many people
I can dick up for a lifetime.

Did everyone know that increasing compression ratio lowers horsepower?
Yep, that's right.

I'm glad my D had the 8.5:1, because it makes so much more HP than the
11:1.  it's true.

Jim

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:13:06 -0000 "content22207"
<brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Requote one of your sentences to clarify response:
>
> > Increasing octane may help because higher octane fuels take longer
> to burn.
>
> Andrew specifically stated he was "knocking" on 93 octane, and was
> about to try some 104 octane racing fuel.
>
> I still think he's over advanced.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > I didn't even read Andrew's original e-mail. I was replying ONLY
> your
> > comment, pointed out to me by another list member of:
> >
> > "Most performance engines are timed closer to TDC, not advanced.
> Moving
> > spark earlier in stroke lowers power."
> >
> > That's a very sweeping statement. Moving spark earlier in stroke
> loses
> > power eh? QUALIFY your statements. Retarding usually loses power
> unless
> > talking different fuels, advancing increases it until you get into
>
> > preignition. No idea why your Ford lumps produced less hp with
> more
> > advance but it sounds fishy to me - I wouldn't take this one case
> > reference as evidence to the contrary of internal combustion
> engine
> > principles.
> >
> > Don't talk about valves rattling as rpms increase - that can be
> > interpreted as any number of things. What you're talking about has
> > very good one-word name - KNOCKING. Over-advancing causes knocking
> -
> > there. 4 Words.
> >
> > Increasing octane may help because higher octane fuels take longer
> to burn.
> >
> > I've taken apart Renault 30, Volvo B28E and DeLorean dizzy's. All
> different.
> >
> > Martin

> Yahoo! Groups Links

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: