Re: [DMCForum] Weekend Fun

On that red car, pull off the drivers side headliner and you will see
"Bay City Rollers" written on it.

Mark

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 11:16 PM, Samuel wrote:

> For anyone that actually read the msg, here are some pics, if you care.
>
> http://www.lightspeed.cx/lightning/delorean-5096/Work%20-%2012_13_2003/
>
> Samuel wrote:
>
> >Boy didn't I have fun today. Dragged Walter over to my house, again,
> and
> >started working on the car. I'll post a link to pictures later, have
> >resize them first.
> >
> >Before walter showed up, I started replacing the vacuum hoses with new
> >silicone ones. About the time I figured out that the thermal control
> was
> >bypassed (vacuum solenoid connected directly to the manifold), my
> >neighbor down the street came up to let me know he was going to be
> doing
> >some fiberglassing and if I wanted the engine compartment cover
> fixed.
> >I unbolted the engine cover and took it to him. There was a crack
> >between the 2 bottom screens and the holes for the U bracket that the
> >louvers latch to had the nuts pulled thru.
> >
> >About the time that I finished grinding the surface down and had
> gotten
> >the fiberglass on it, Walter showed up. We went and got a brake
> bleeding
> >kit and bled the new master cylinder out. Got the new one on the car
> and
> >proceeded to loosen the lugnuts on the tires. The rear tires were on
> >tight enough that walter and I were jumping on the ratchet trying to
> get
> >it undone before we broke down and pulled the large bar out. Before
> the
> >swap, the original had a leak and you were required to push the brake
> >pedal to the floor to get the car to slow down, not stop, just slow
> >down, when traveling at a slow 5mph speed. Note, the only reason I
> >managed to stop the car originally is due to living on a hill and
> >letting the engine die by releasing the clutch while in first.
> >
> >I needed to check the angle drive due to the speedometer not working.
> >figured the angle drive was toast. Sure enough, it was unturnable. The
> >cable itself was also unturnable and the end cap spun freely (center
> >stripped). After some 90 weight oil and some working with pliers, the
> >angle drive freed up. It now turns very freely and functions. And this
> >is on a +60k milage car that sat in a barn for 10 years. Impressive
> >(also impressive is the very little to no frame rust).
> >
> >After we got the brakes bled, without issue, we proceeded to bleed the
> >clutch due to air in the line (gears grinding on the short trip from
> the
> >albertsons around the corner where the car was dropped off). While
> doing
> >the bleed, we also swapped out the line for the stainless steel line.
> >The car was ready for a test spin. Being I have the interior all
> apart,
> [...]
<image.tiff>

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c93s63e/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071618103/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=193053339>