RE: [DMCForum] What? My insurance company won't write policies for DMC?

RE: [DMCForum] What? My insurance company won't write policies for DMC?

I don't have the name of the company at hand right now, but I was quoted
$250.00 a year, agreed value of $20,000.00, no deductible, but only 2500
miles a year.  I am allowed to change the miles based on use and was told
it
would effect the payment very little, if any.

I had to explain what a De Lorean is to every insurance company I talked
with, but they ended up writing it as a classic, custom, collectible, etc.
car.

When they say the insurance is different in other states that may very
well
be true for them.  I have found we have to write custom insurance policies
depending on what state we are doing work in.  This is a huge pain in the
ass and very time consuming.

Greg

> thomaspaulmccoy wrote:
>
> >I'm in the process of bringing my car out from California where it
> >is insured thru Liberty Mutual.  Apparently, they don't write
> >policies on DeLoreans in Florida.  OK?!  Like the car magically
> >becomes a menace when it enters FL soil???
> >
> >Any of the FL owners have suggestions on who WILL insure the car at
> >a decent price?  Thanks!!!
> >

> >Tom
> >6921

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cd2npe5/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071370596/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=819970701>