Re: [DMCForum] DeLoreans and automatic carwashes

Re: [DMCForum] DeLoreans and automatic carwashes

I would never trust a carwash's roller brushes to not
scratch the stainless.  Once while my car was covered in
dust & night dew, I wrote something silly on the roof using
my finger.  The dust in the moisture left slight scratches.
It seems that anything even slightly abrasive in the wrong
direction will leave a visible trace.

Also I have heard from a guy who services automatic car
washes for a living.  He runs his truck through the "touch"
ones several times a day but won't do it with the
"touchless" ones.  He says that the detergents in the
touchless ones are too caustic and will kill the gloss on
paint with repeated use.  Also says that the residues left
in seams & creases is caustic and leads to rust.  On that
info alone, I wouldn't want to chance what it could do to a
DeLorean even if it is mostly corrosion resistant.

Walt
p.s. Trim those quoted messages guys!  C'mon!  It makes
e-mail digests look like crap.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12caqel08/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071351208/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=314803490>