RE: [DMCForum] Re: Working on Cars in 32 degree weather

What about a block heater?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
      Sent: Fri 12/12/2003 1:47 PM
      To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Working on Cars in 32 degree weather

      Have 3 trouble lights w/ metal cages and 1 plastic --
illumination
      isn't the problem.

      Nothing is colder than a 32 degree engine compartment. Imagine
wearing
      metal mittens from the freezer -- that's what it feels like.
Can keep
      every part of your body warm except the hands. Will cut
yourself badly
      without realizing it because of numbness.

      I do work after dark, but only as absolutely necessary.
Otherwise my
      mechanicing days now limited to Saturday and Sunday after
church.

      Thank goodness I drive old Fords that never break down...

      Bill Robertson

<fhudkins@xxxx> wrote:
      > Bill,
      >
      > A buddy of mine used to keep battery-powered lanterns out so
he could
      > work on his car after dark, and to keep his tools warm he
used an
      > electric heating pad. You might want to try that.
      >
      > I have a rechargeable fluorescent lantern, but I personally
think this
      > light would be great for working on cars:
      >
      > http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/5c7d/
      >
      > Farrar

      Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or
selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360Â Tours, Research,
      Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c2n8c5h/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071345334/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=341940578>