[DMCForum] Tucker Field Trip -- April 2004?

[DMCForum] Tucker Field Trip -- April 2004?

Louie and I were going to stop in DC on way to Mid Atlantic Spring
Social anyway. Could simply go up 24 hours sooner to work this in.

Will call fire department buddy tomorrow to get wheels turning at his
end...

Re: impressions of Tucker -- having never seen one in person, much
less been on the road, have to rely on his report. Impressed him as
weekend project built by tinkerer in a barn (which coincidentally is
what they basically were).

Does anyone realize tremendous feat pulled off by DMC? Totally new
design put through only a couple of prototypes, then off they went
making saleable product in an untried factory with novice work force.
Guarantee none of the Big 3 could have done it. Even my beloved AMC
would have been hard pressed. Is a wonder we're not driving total
pieces of crap with parts falling off down the road.

Also 75% plus survival rate is astounding, especially considering most
are simply maintained, not preserved or restored.

Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c9tkfns/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070691312/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=736451952>