From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:42 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Lower ball joint replacement

The tire is brand-new so it was just balanced.

I have tried to rock the tire top to bottom. It does not move.

On the surface, it sounds like an out of balance wheel because if I
speed up, vibration goes away. The difference is, when I slow down,
it doesn't come back. This only happens once in a while, or if I
stomp on the brakes. If I "power through" the vibration to higher
speeds, it goes away and stays away.

Yet, when I get to a safe place to pull over, the wheel is cool to
the touch which tells me the caliper isn't sticking. That's why I
don't think that's it.

Let me know when you're confused.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> PS - with the vibration...
>
> Jack up that wheel, and rock it top to bottom.  It should just move
the very
> slightest amount in and out.
>
> -Dave

both
> > pickle fork and ball joint press.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c5q76qb/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069351965/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=409739531>