Re: [DMCForum] Re: De-emissioning in US

I don't know enough about it to say but the sensor isn't very big. I
left it in place because I want to keep cars original where I can, even
if redundant as I've had a nightmare tring to replace all the stuff my
project car's PO removed because he at one point was planning to have a
carbed PRV from a Peugeot 504 in there. ALl the idlespeed stuff was
removed, for eg.

Martin

content22207 wrote:

>Neither is venting old R-12.
>Or yanking off smog pumps, charcoal canisters, etc
>
>But let's be honest: people idling for hours every day in big city
>traffic produce WAY more pollution than country folk ever will,
>emissions or not.
>
>I wanted to mandrel bend a cat bypass pipe but couldn't match the
>flange. Since guts of converter were damaged already I opted to clean
>it out and use instead.
>
>What gets me is temperature of converters. Are hotter than hot. Is no
>excuse for that. Will actually damage carpet in traditional automobile.
>
>Did you plug O2 sensor bung too? How badly do you estimate sensor
>obstructs exhaust stream? Mine's long gone but seem to remember close
>to 50%.
>
>Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cfeu33i/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069203754/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.advert
ising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1069117354557430> Click to learn more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=833961802>