[DMCForum] Re: Seperated 1697 tonight

don't do it the way we did it.  Since it was the parts car anyway,
and there wasn't much to damage, we didn't plan things out the best.
All the stainless and all of the interior was out so we didn't care
much if it twisted while lifting.  We used a Cherry picker to lift
the rear up enought to slide an 8' long 6X9 through the rear wheel
well.  Then we used 2 3' 6X9's to support the rear end off the
frame.  Then we moved to the front with the cherry picker and lifted
the front up until it cleared everything. Then....rolled the frame
out.
This would have worked much better had we connected all the 6X9's
together.  At one point the tub came crashing down, but we had
already moved the frame, and it only fell about 6 inches.
My dad and I have some blueprints drawn up of how we are going to
seperate 4512 when the time comes.  It will be much more secure.

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> So now that you've taken a body off a frame, do you have any
> advice on how to do it?  (or maybe how not to do it?)
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c1jlhat/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069088840/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=298637026>