From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:02 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Dead freq valve update

Mmmmkay....

I altered the CO screw setting in either direction. No valve action.

Disconnecting the sensor would revert to default ratio. No valve action.

shorting the WOT switch would revert to default ratio. No valve action.

Just applied AA battery to sensor lead, no valve action.

I already posted my "Holy Grail" schtick.

Again, I'm back to a "missing ground". Missing because:

1) I have not yet found the proper ground wire for the valve and it's
open somewhere.

or

2) Because the module is faulty.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> Rich,
>
> Then you need to come up with tests to try out each hypothesis.
Here's a
> couple of things to try to test the first scenario:
>
> - Change the CO mixture and note the results.
> - Try checking the function of the O2 sensor per the manual... open the
> circuit, and do the test with the AA battery
> - Reread the section of the tech manual and come up with your own
questions.

> For the second scenario, I'd try:
>
> - Check all of the electrical connections and grounds.
> - Run the tests per the manual on the frequency valve.
>

> -Dave

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cscbq33/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egro
up
web/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1068670936/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/c
gi
-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ai
l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=676016454>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c026ovp/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1068694169/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=228008105>