[DMCForum] Re: on topic......

Hey Walt,
No I'm not going to pay the $13k, but that was the best quote I could
get. And believe it or not, that is just liability only. Their
reasoning is that the car is too high powered for someone of my age
(nearly 24), and also it is left hand drive (we drive on the wrong
side of the road over here). Bet thats the first time you've heard of
a DeLorean being described as high powered! But, they don't go by
bhp, they simply use the CC of the engine, and 2849cc's is 50% bigger
than most engines over here. I've tried in vain before to explain
that there are plenty of 1600cc cars in Ireland with more bhp that
they would insure me on, they're just simply idiots.
Anyway if it works out as I'm hoping it will, I won't have to pay
anything extra on top of the $2000 a year I'm paying to drive my ford
POS escort. Will let u know when I get news.
John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> You mean that you pay $13K for insurance per year?  I have
> heard of high prices before, but that takes the cake.  Do
> you have the option of insuring for liability only?  If you
> hurt someone then you are insured for that injury (car or
> person) but if you wreck your own car or it gets stolen then
> that is your loss -- not covered.  If you could insure it
> this way for cheap then you could pocket the difference and
> buy a new car every two years or so.
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgcrkns/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1068638709/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=419227386>