Re: [DMCForum] Re: Cooling system related howto (we love you Jordan)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Cooling system related howto (we love you Jordan)

Hello,

I have to replace all of the hoses too.   I gotten the kit from DMCH with
all of the parts that I should need to do the job.  Inventory however did
not go very well at home last night.  Its very hard to see if you have the
right hoses when the pictures on the web site dont work.  Ill just have to
take a leap of faith here.

    I have several 5 liter bottles in the back of the mustang that i
picked up last night at OBI.  I did find the howto on the dmcnews site
quite good.

I dont have a self bleeder kit as of yet so ill have to do it the old
fashioned way.  I'm also replacing my dying plastic bottle with a new
stainless one.

I figured the fan switch that comes with the kit, would also come with a
new clip as shown in the picture for that part. guess i was wrong.

Seems my kit came with 8 - 3.5 inch long 1in wide hoses.  The inventory
shows no part that was sent in a QTY of 8.  I'm getting the impression
that I either dont have the right things or these hoses weren't cut to
size.   I was under the impression that they would be.  I could have
easily bought the couple of molded hoses from the site for about 50$ and
bought the other hoses out in town for far less than the $200+ Ive paid.

It was the ready fit, all hoses included concept that enticed me to drop
down the cash.

Ive also received outer door seals in the shipment, If you put them side
to side you can see that one side is cut thinner than the other.   The
thinner of the two is curled up in the middle, i have no idea how i will
successfully attach these to my car in that condition.

whats good to attach these outer seals to the stainless? RTV?

Anyway, i called DMCH last night and was told i would get a call back to
resolve the problem.  I'm still waiting on the call.

I should say in fairness that I'm almost always really happy with DMCH's
service, i just found this weeks shipment disappointing.

jordan 11613

content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is pretty fool proof. Are two drain plugs on each side of upper block
casting if you want to use (steel welded to aluminum in presence of
moisture scares me -- I opted to leave in place). Block will otherwise
retain either previous coolant or flush water, but if you change
regularly isn't anything to worry about. Popping a hose off passenger
side return line at or below radiator works as well as a drain cock.
Pop driver side hose to drain everything after pump. Recommend hose
connections at rear wishbone.

Self bleeder at thermostat housing removes all guesswork after
refilling (ensure original bleed lines in place from heater core and
radiator).

Remember tank is an EXPANSION tank, not overflow. As long as you can
see coolant in it cold is OK. Car will spit out whatever it doesn't want.

Are you replacing hoses as well or just coolant?

Of course everybody likes you. Rich A is laughed at behind his back
(his words, not mine). Martin is condescending to me in the pub. But
have yet to see anyone post anything negative about you. Want us to start?

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Sorry dude, I haven't got that far yet.  But I am sure I will read yours
> when I do.
>
> Greg

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=266841.4070961.5364678.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1853644/R=0/SIG=124c5sf67/*http://www.lifescapeinc.com/picasa/la
nding.php?capid=133&caId=1658> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4070961.5364678.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853644/rand=850998464>