Re: [DMCForum] New Orleans

Denis:

Re stereotypes:

I dunno why there are so many gay bars in New Orleans. I also don't know
why they're mainly in the same area of town. I also don't know why there
are rows of apartments not too far away which seem to be populated with
almost entirely gay people. (I do know that it's fun to go to the Clover
Grill if their gay chef is working. He's hilarious.) What's going on in
New Orleans? I dunno. Maybe San Francisco got too crowded. You'd have to
ask the clientele, and I'm not going inside to take a poll.

Biggest roach I've seen was three inches long - a tree roach. It's the
smaller ones that fly. I've never had any in my house or vehicle. I did
have a ladybug in the truck once.

The roaches live mainly in the French Quarter, which of course is the
place with the most trash for them to feed off of. Some mild winters it
never gets cold enough down there to kill the annoying insects off
because the business run their heaters with the doors open. So you can
avoid the sidewalk cafés in the Quarter and downtown in warm weather,
but otherwise it's okay.

Of course if you're an absolute slob and live on the ground floor in a
dark and damp area of town and never take your trash out or vacuum or
clean anything, the roaches will get into your place of residence. The
only unwanted life form in my apartment, aside from a few badly chosen
dates and the odd fruitfly, was somebody's lost pet hamster that
followed me in one night. Cute, but unwanted. I haven't bought any duct
tape yet.

In other words: The "local" is fucking with you. :) Did they tell about
voodoo and vampires and Anne Rice's shadow that obscures Rush Limbaugh's
ego? ;)

And yes ... I want to have a DeLorean, no matter where I live.

Any other questions? LOL

Farrar

--
Farrar Hudkins