[DMCForum] Re: Glitch #182

I'd like to think there's a dremel tool attachment that would fit
into the recess that I could use to grind seams into the lug nuts and
just pry the pieces off with a screwdriver or something.

Essentially splitting the nut, but since they are in a deep recess
you can't get a traditional nut splitter onto them.

...I know it's hard, but spare me the "nut splitting" jokes, will ya?

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, id <ionicdesign@xxxx> wrote:

> Also if you look at DR. Pepper or 7UP 20oz plastic bottles of soda
pop
> it says
>
> "warning contents under pressure.
> cap may blow off causing serious injury.
> point away from face and people,
> especially while opening"
>
> But i dont believe in this happening either thats why i grease my
lug
> nuts. Everybody lets live on the wild side and grease our lug nuts.
>
> Mark
>

> Scott Mueller wrote:
>
> >  Since we are talking about DeLoreans, I will refer you to the DMC
> > DeLorean
> > Workshop  manual #113095, page L:12:01
> >
> > GENERAL INFORMATION
> >
> > 2. Never use oil or grease on the studs or nuts.  Improperly
tightened
> > nuts
> > could eventually allow the wheel to come off, while the car is
moving,

> > causing loss of control.
> >
> > Here is another reference from the Owners Manual, Page 36, which
says
> > the
> > same thing as listed above.
> >
> > ftp://dmcnews.com/pub/ownmanr1.pdf
> >
> > I included the web address of the owners manual on the DMCNEWS
> > website.
> >
> > Respectfully,
> >
> > Scott Mueller
> > 002981
> > RNDOLA

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124ukap9t/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595054> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=679341448>