International Mercantile Marine (American company). Built in Ireland
too...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey lads, and especially guys in England,
> With the thread over on that other list ;) about whether the DMC is
> American or English or Irish or whatever, it got me thinking about
> something that you might be able to clear up.
>
> When out and about with your cars over in England, how do you find
> public opinion of it? As far as I can see, most English people have a
> very negative attitude about the DeLorean. Of course I'm talking to
> the converted here - you wouldn't own one if you had negative
> opinions on the car... Basically I'm talking about the people who had
> no connection with the company, just have formed opinions on what
> they have read in the pre-dominantly negative British press about the
> car, I'm assuming...
>
> I had my car out at a car show here in Ireland last summer. Based on
> the comments made by people from England at that show, and also with
> converstions I've had about the car with English people both here in
> Europe and any that approached me in the USA, they all seem to think
> John DeLorean is a gangster, the car is crap, and that it was a huge
> waste of public money. I do meet the odd enlightened individual who
> will know better than the silly rumours, but not often.
>
> I suppose my question is why is the press over there so hell-bent on
> giving the car and man a bad name, even though many of you consider
> the DeLorean to be a British car? Quentin Willson seems to go to
> extraordinary lengths to form a bad opinion of the car in as many
> people's heads as possible.
>
> I once contacted Quentin's agent, and asked him could he arrange an
> interview between myself and Quentin. He said sure, that should be no
> problem, what did I want to talk to Quentin about? I replied that I
> wanted to talk about his opinions on DeLoreans, and gave my website
> about him and his opinions:
>
> http://homepage.eircom.net/~johndore/Quentin.htm
>
> I never heard any more from him, I wonder why?
>
> THanks,
> John.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595053/R=0/SIG=124gf29oe/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595053> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595053/rand=970157698>