[DMCForum] Re: Torsion bar jig REASON

Hello.

By punch, I mean cylindrical metal rod, approximately the same
diameter as the head of the torsion bar, something that will cover as
much area as possible, while still fitting in the hole in the plate.

Who are you, and why are you commenting on my post?  It's not up for
discussion.

Rick

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> Now your scaring me.... Hitting a torsion bar with a punch. I'm not
> aware of a punch that large, would much rather get a wooden block
and/or
> a rubber mallet.
>
> twinenginedmc12 wrote:
>

> > With the bolts loosened about 1mm, I'd hit the torsion bar with a
> > hammer and a punch, something about the diameter of the torsion
bar
> > head, axially, at the the head.  Hopefully, this would move the
> > torsion bar in 1 mm.  If it did, I would lubricate the torsion bar
> > with penetrating oil, then remove the shims from behind the plate,
> > and retighten the plate bolts, to pull the oil into the joint.  I
> > would do this bit with the door open to lower the torsion, and
> > supported by a person, who has been made aware that when I hit the
> > thing, that the door might suddenly become heavier, should the
> > torsion bar break.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1732161/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here