[DMCForum] Re: Speedo drive....R.I.P 9-2-03

[DMCForum] Re: Speedo drive....R.I.P 9-2-03

Doesn't sound like missing gear teeth. Suspect a cable, but until you
autopsy won't know anything more than guessing.

Is really quite easy to remove angle drive itself. Assess health off
car. If it's OK, work way towards gauge (only two other cables could
be). Doubt is gauge, but anything's possible.

Mine failed at high speed where spindle cable interfaces with wheel
disc. Much discussion in DMCNEWS group about spindle cable being wound
wrong way. Even though other owners suffered same failure, various
Dave's told me couldn't possibly be. Can kiss my butt -- I was there.
Original repair attempts failed because CABLE KEPT UNWINDING. Don't
need to be a rocket scientist to see if windings oppose predominant
wheel rotation, is going to unwind. Current repair holding up thus
far. Road trip to SEDOC will be acid test.

Let me know if your problem is spindle cable. Have a repair that
should nicely.

O rings showed up same day someone threw brick through back window of
truck. You win some, you lose some. Threw tarp over cab until
Saturday. Will concentrate on DeLo.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink@xxxx>
wrote:
> Today, 9-2-03, my right angle drive read its last true reading.  It
> now bounces around between 5 and 15mph no matter what.  Is it
> totally dead?  can I fix it still? or am I going to need to call
> Grady to get a Hard Core replacement?
>
> Erik

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6