Re: [DMCForum]Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

Re: [DMCForum]Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

If I remember right the 4.6 liters put out around 260 hp in their blandest
stock form. There was a *HUGE* opposition to them when they came out from
the diehard Mustang and Ford people over here. I think the latest Cobra
Mustang 4.6 is putting out 395 supercharged hp.

The US market is just totally backwards of any other in the world... you
got that one right, Martin. The general US population wants a large smooth
car with as large as possible of an engine. Low end power is what's hot
over here. A testament to that is the fact that Sport Utility Vehicles
seem to be totally replacing cars over here, and the SUVs seem to get
bigger and bigger and bigger with every passing year. Yet performance cars
like the Plymouth Prowler died within a few short years of small batch
production. Why didn't this car go over well? Because it had only six
cylinders. Yeah, it was more powerful than many 8 cylinder cars around
here, but the public just won't buy it. The same thing could be said about
why the DeLorean tanked so bad over here. Fuel economy just doesn't matter
to most Americans. And why should it? You can buy a gallon of gas for less
than you can buy a gallon of milk or water!

Regarding turbos, the US market is scared of them. They've got a bad rep.
Fears of extra maintanence and turbo lag have kept americans away from
them. You don't even have to look outside the DeLorean community to see
this. I've heard the PJ Grady's won't work on turbo cars anymore (this may
not be true). And when DMC-H set out to warm up the DeLorean PRV, their
goal was to stay away from turbos. If you talk to the guys over here who
swapped out their PRV for small block Ford and Chevy v8's and v6's, you'll
find one of their main reasons for doing so is to have a simplified engine
that they're familiar with. I'm not saying that I agree with any of this
at all... I'm just presenting the popular american viewpoint on the
subject... however out of date it may be to the rest of the world. -Louie

--- Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What hp do these 4.6 lumps put out?

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com";
target="_blank">here!</a>

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595055/R=0/SIG=124j83ehr/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595055> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595055/rand=372601576>