[DMCForum] Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

[DMCForum] Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

Don't think Ford big blocks migrated to your side of pond. Too bad --
are truly wonderful pieces of hardware. Wee wee all over myself
everytime I drive one (why don't you ever see THAT in a Ford
advertisement). Problem is: their idle (500-600 RPM) has spoiled me.
Smooth as silk. Dulcet tones from the dual exhausts breathe fear into
young men and cause hearts of young women to swoon. Am having minimal
success emulating with the D.

The Lincolns weigh in at 5,000 lbs. Question is: if I accidently ran
over your friend's Nissan, would I even feel it?

Seriously: have found PRV much more difficult to work on. Fasteners
are smaller, and if you drop one it WILL end up under upper air
assembly (found about $200 of hardware under there first time I
removed mine). Has many more gaskets and seals, and when they're loose
(on my PRV at least) don't just drool all over the driveway but also
interfere with driveability. Thank goodness R30 doesn't have all the
CIS crap of stock DeLo -- you know success I had with idle speed system.

But car was designed for it, so in final analysis is best to leave
back there. Have been through one re-engineering project already, and
that's enough for any lifetime. Don't repeat this, but if something
terrible happened to my current plant, would probably rustle up a
running Volvo and drop in its PRV.

Since you've ridden in re-powered DeLo's could answer this one: does
car simply feel out of place with someone else's engine back there?
PRV yields a distinctive sound universally applied in all production
vehicles. Sometimes when driving the Lincolns try to imagine what it
would be like to have their deep rumbles in my DeLo. Believe it or not
don't think I'd like it. They are two different worlds.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
>
> >Food enough for thought now that time has come to go home and work on
> >a REAL engine (Ford 460. That's 7.5 litres for our metric friends).
> >
> Wouldn't hold a candle to my friend's 2.0litre turbo'd Nissan engine.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259538.3793308.5048975.1261774/D=egroupm