[DMCForum] Re: The twin engine Delorean is operational.

[DMCForum] Re: The twin engine Delorean is operational.

Man...that is so cool.

I wonder how you choose which engine to run.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "twinenginedmc12"
<twinenginedmc12@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> Some of you have heard of my pet project, the twin engine Delorean,
> which I started in 2001.  It is with satisfaction that I can report
> that the car now runs under its own power.  I finally got the fuel,
> cooling, and electrical system in, and got to the point of turning
> the key last weekend, and after a few headscratchers from
unconnected
> and misconnected connectors, it started right up, incredibly, and
ran
> nicely.  So far, it only runs on the primary engine, the Honda
> Prelude engine in front.  I'm very impressed by an engine that can
> sit unused for two years, and start right up and run okay.
>
> It was a real thrill to drive it, even if only back and forth in my
> own driveway, as the occasion marks the first time the car has
driven
> under its own power since 1994, and the first time I've EVER driven
> it.
>
> Anyway, I'll be moving on to getting it street legal next, and
> writing the code for the rear engine controller this winter.
>
> Here's a link to the site
> http://www.gendreaumicro.com/tenpointtwo/11472index.htm
> It's the same 14 month old site (I hate webmastering), but I'll be
> sure to update it with the stuff that's happened in the last 14
> months in a week or two.  I apologize for not writing the web
update
> first, but I just had to share my enthusiasm.
>
> Rick Gendreau
> 11472, now with at least one functional engine!

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178294&partid=3170658> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupm