[DMCForum] One nit-picky question

Okay, bare with me as I attempt to explain my situation.

During my procedure of replacing the RS cam sprocket, I had to get into
the
timing cover and push the piston back in to slacken the chain. That didn't
give me quite enough room so I removed the tensioning arm just below it.
This gave me the room I needed to slip the sprocket back on.

However, when I took the tensioning arm off, I thought I heard the
distinct
jingle of metal falling and hitting metal. I never saw anything and could
never figure out what fell. Apparently a washer that rests against the
engine block fell when I removed the tensioner.

If you look at items 12, 13, and 14 you'll see my concern.

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=9
<http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=9&PageCat=1%2DEngine>
&PageCat=1%2DEngine

My question is, how crucial is this little washer? Should I take the cover
off (oh jeez, not again) and reinstall it?

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178293&partid=3170658> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupm