[DMCForum] Re: Adam's fender bender today (and hood bender, and fascia s

[DMCForum] Re: Adam's fender bender today (and hood bender, and fascia smashe...

The parts car I have was hit in the front passenger side.  The
impact was so hard that is bent the dashboard, put a large crack all
the way down the middle of the pontoon.  When I pulled the interior
out the entire fiberglass area that was under the center console was
shattered. the engine to look crooked too.  In fact the body was
moved about 3 inches.  The mounting areas on the pontoon were
cracked.  Some of the bolts that held the pontoon to the frame were
actually sheared off!  So, there is a lot more to a crash than just
bent fenders and cracked fiberglass in the immediate area.

Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, JVC220@xxxx wrote:
> Unfortunately the car is not drivable.  The accident killed the
fuel pump as
> well as the radiator and the cooling fans.  The engine also looks
like it
> might be slightly off line yet the motor mounts and transmission
mounts are still
> there.  I think the motor mounts may have twisted from the
impact.  It looks
> like it may have bent down the right crumple tube slightly.  Oh
well, as soon
> as it is fixed it will be put immediately back into action!  I
will keep you
> guys informed about what my insurance says.
>
> Adam
> 5030 (lookin mighty sad)
>
> PS  for anybody who doesn't know, the pics are on the DMCForum
pics page in a
> folder called "smashed 5030"

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3705203.4965331.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa