[DMCForum] Re: fuel system clean out...

Actually,

When I bought my car, the gas tank was sitting in the passenger seat.
It was already drained and clean. I just stuck a new fuel pump in it
and put it back.

BUT let's see what we can do here...

I don't know if you're trying to clean the tank in place, or remove
it and clean it.

You could use a petroleum based solvent like thinner or spirits and
pull your pump from the tank and drop the suction hose in a bucket of
spirits. See if you can cobble together a fitting that allows you to
join your fuel supply line to your fuel return line -off- the fuel
distributor. You'll then energize the pump and have it dump right
back into your bucket. Dear Lizza, dear Lizza.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> Rich, since you have been through this, can you offer any
suggestions to me
> about cleaning out the remainder of my system from the tank back?
Can anyone
> else?  Bueller?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greg