[DMCForum] Re: tone L.O.C.

Well,

When I put oil in the cylinders, they're #3. :)

After that stuff burns/washes away and I re-clean them they are #2,
but after excessive cranking they are #1.

This is after setting the fuel dizz to the manner I've been told by
Martin, DMCH & PJ Grady.

I was told that even w/the fuel dizz set right, if there's something
else keeping the engine from firing, the plugs will foul and require
cleaning.

I agree that whatever it is, is probably something simple. My
greatest fear is that I've checked something and to my eye it's right
but to someone who -really- knows, (cough -Dave- cough) it would be
readily apparent what's not right.

Don't ever think I'm ungrateful for your suggestions but we're
getting to the point now where some folks are suggesting the same
things over and over, stuff I've already done.

PJ Grady told me he wouldn't touch it even if I wanted to take it
there. He says because I've put my hands on it he'd have no idea
where to begin and doesn't want to get involved. DMCH would probably
take it to fix, but as far as phone tech goes, they've done all they
can without putting hands on it.

When you've stumped the experts, you're hosed up good. I'm not giving
up yet though...I feel close to something. I wish I knew how close.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:
> Ah... the plugs are fouling.  You didn't mention that.  Is the
fouling:

> 1) wet but clear (fuel flooding)
> 2) black, dry, fluffy (burning waaay rich)
> 3) black oily (oil contamination)
>
> -Dave

Eventually

<tgoodwin@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   >   > Have you tried taking off the rocker cover and pouring oil
over
>   the
>   >   it?
>   >
>   > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa