Re: [DMCForum] A blonde moment

Hi Rich

Yes, the article I've linked to on the Volvo club site shows a slightly
different setup where the plate moves the other way. however, if you
look at the diagram, you'll see that the plunger is moved by the flap
along a single lever, whereas on the DeLorean (and Renault 30 and Volvo
260/760) the lever is a see-saw (do you guys call them teeter-totters or
something???). Anyway, the principle is the same.

Here's the direct link for those whoa re interested. It doesn't go into
massive detail, but is a good read.

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/k_jetronic.htm

Martin

cruznmd wrote:

>Walt says take pride in my humility.
>
>Ever work on something so hard, that you freak out and question even
>the simplest things??
>
>I've been reading a lot of fuel injection literature lately and I
>keep seeing these "updraft" airflow sensors, where the round plate
>moves -up- instead of down to measure the air flow and operate the
>fuel distro metering plunger. Martin, the UK website shows it in the
>fuel injection area.
>
>Anyway, I wigged out and actually thought for a moment that maybe
>mine had been taken apart and re-assembled incorrectly by the
>previous owners or something.
>
>Man, I need a vacation....
>

>Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512