RE: [DMCForum] paint stripper...

>> This stuff is supposed to remove just the aftermarket paint
>> without damaging the underlying OEM stuff.
>
>How is this stuff supposed to know the difference?  Maybe it will leave
the
>paint but remove the fascia?
>
>I suggest testing a small area inside the fascia to see what it does to
the
>plastic.  My experience with paint strippers is that small micro
splatters
>will get on my hands & face and burn like hell.  Wear protection.

The can states that further applications could warp the plastic, but it
will
return to its normal shape after it is neutralized.  I am assuming the
Bumper Stripper is just violent enough to attack the aftermarket paint and
not the OEM stuff, which I understand to be much more durable, hence the
need for Aircraft stripper.

Yea, you can find those micro-splatters very quickly within a few seconds
of
application.  I had some on me at one time where  you would think someone
took a core sample.  The rest of the body panels I am considering having
media blasted.

Greg

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=168540444>