[DMCForum] wiper switch surgery

In my effort to turn every job into an adventure I need some advice on the
wiper switch....Mine broke off a few months ago and if you have ever seen
th inside there are some weird litle brass doohickys in there. I have 2
options for the transplant....I have a donor wiper/turn signal unit be
medi-vac'd in today....The easiest way is to just take the 3 screws off
the donor wiper unit and reattach the unit to my existing one on the car
and just reconnect the wires....this I can do easily. The problem is on
the metal bracket it says DO NOT REMOVE 2 SCREWS. So has anyone unscrewed
a wiper unit from the metal bracket? It could be springloaded or have some
other moving parts that would come apart and the donor unit would be no
good....the other option is to take the wheel off and replace the whole
thing. This does not seem too bad and just means a little more work but
involves taking the wheel off. I just bought a wheel puller with 30
assorted bolt sizes and NONE of them will work on the wheel...so the
problem with this option is getting the ^%$#+ wheel off....

so should I go for plan a or B?

thanks
Dr. Mike
2109