Re: [DMCForum] totally off-topic question: 2000 Chevy Cavalier

Re: [DMCForum] totally off-topic question: 2000 Chevy Cavalier

The only problem i see is that it is a chevy! The other problem is that
it could need a ignition module.

My Pontiac Grand Prix had a short that grounded the fuel pump wire and
would kiil the car, sometimes it blew a fuse other times it didnt.

Mark

Farrar Hudkins wrote:

>  Hi, gang! I'm back in town with another non-DeLorean post. :) But
> this
> time it's important.
>
> A co-worker of mine has a problem with her car suddenly dying. At
> first
> I thought it was an electrics problem but now I'm not so sure.
>
> Apparently, the car will lose power and die within a matter of thirty
> forty seconds, regardless of how long it has been driven, the
> temperature outside, time of day, slope of road, etc. and sometimes it
>
> will start up again right away, and sometimes it can be left for an
> hour
> and still won't start.
>
> Here's what threw me: after sitting for half an hour, the engine was
> still radiating quite a lot of heat, but the temperature gauge read
> 190(F) before things went kaputsky.
>
> I'm trying to find a simple solution before she has to take it to the
> Chevy dealer and pay too much for something easy (like a new
> alternator
> or battery). Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kind regards,
> Farrar in New Orleans
>
> --
> Farrar Hudkins
> Announcer/Producer
> 89.9 WWNO FM New Orleans / 90.5 KTLN FM Thibodaux-Houma
> Live audio stream @ www.wwno.org

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0164797&partid=3170658>