[DMCForum] Re: door logic buzzer

dear scott,

Thank you very much of responding to my question.
This weekend I will drive to my friend (how has also a D) and check
how it works on both D's.
I will let you know the outcome after this weekend.

To solve the problem with your good help seems to be fun.

Thanks Scott, and again I'll let you know what we found on the D's.

Regards

Gabor
VIN#16105
The Netherlands

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Scott Mueller"
<scott.a.mueller@xxxx> wrote:
> Several years ago, I spent a lot of time troubleshooting this
circuit.

> The buzzer works when the door is open and the key is in the
ignition.
> The door open indicator light and buzzer will be on with the door
open and
> the ignition switch in the Accessory position.
>
> The following will happen when the ignition switch is turned to
the start
> position.
> The buzzer and dash light will work if you do not have your seat
belt
> fastened.
> With the door closed, the buzzer will work for about 7 seconds if
the belt
> is not fastened, the light will stay on.
> With the door closed and the belt fastened, the buzzer will be off
and the
> light will stay on for 7 seconds.
> If the door is not closed and the belt is fastened, the door light
will stay
> on, the buzzer will stay on and the seat belt light will turn off
in 7
> seconds.
>
> The lights I refer to are the Door open light located on the
bottom left
> side of the instrument cluster.
> The seat belt light is located just above the door light on the
instrument
> cluster.
>
> The biggest problem in getting the buzzer to work properly is the
electrical
> connectors under the dash.  After you have the door switches
connected
> properly, check your schematic, you will then need to pull the
electrical
> connectors off, clean and straighten the contact strips.  You
might have to
> do this to the connectors that attach to the instrument cluster.
Also, the
> ignition switch will hang up, there is a spring loaded switch for
the buzzer
> circuit inside the ignition switch.  You can spray some contact
cleaner in
> the switch, then lubricate it lightly with some spray lube.  Be
careful of
> overspray, you do not want to harm any surface inside the car.
>
> If you have any questions, let me know.
>
> Scott Mueller
> 002981
> RNDOLA

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
7051262
> 15:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12ongbbsq/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-
bin/autoredir?
> camp=556&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=249982.3179269.4495679.1261774/D=egroupmai
> l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=265151811>

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1564415/R=0/SIG=11t6t7kdo/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6