Re: [DMCForum] idle microswitch wires

> ANyone verigy this difference and have an explantion?

The difference is the yellow wire going to a filtering capacitor (also
called a condenser).  It's that little cylinder-thingy bolted (and
grounded)
to the intake manifold.  It was installed on later VIN cars that have the
radio interference specification label stuck next to the VIN label.
Basically it is just a filter that stops sparks at the switch from making
radio static.  My Canadian car has it, but the my other two don't.  I
really
doubt it does anything at all but add weight to the car.

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/idle-speed-adj.jpg

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512