Re: [DMCForum] &^%$@* a/c panel illumination fix

> I'm thinking the relay might have corroded contacts
> so you could try another relay...

I don't see how the relay could be a problem.  We are trying to get the
dash
lights to work without it.

> Did you check if the relay  socket isn't wired in reverse?

Yes.

> Maybe for some reason the power to the coil has been swapped,
> so the +12V is on the LEFT contact and ground is on the right?

I need to sit down with a good schematic and not the one in the Workshop
manual.  I can't even find the panel lights on it.  I assume that the left
side of the coil (pin 85) is always grounded and the right side (pin 86)
is
supposed to switch to +12V whenever the running lights are on?  The
connection "looks" fine.  I suppose maybe the wire got disconnected from
the
other end.  Where does the other end of that wire connect anyway?  If it
is
the socket for the headlight switch then I can see that being a problem.
On
my daily driver I had to cut the socket off and use individual spade lug
connectors.  Some of the originals were getting ready to go crispy.  I
suppose you know all about that, eh?  I tried crimping the originals
tighter, but I had them so tight that it was pushing the spade lugs into
the
light switch when I tried to push the plug on.  I finally said screw it
and
plugged them on one at a time.  I'm due to install those Sylvania Xenarc
HIDs.  But for now my car is stuck in hover mode until I get new shocks
for
it.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1051987138%3e
M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM/A=1482387/R=1
=1051987138%3eM=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126215:HM
/A=1482387/R=2>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=247865.3003379.4507215.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1482387/rand=735780288>