[DMCForum] RE:BRAKES/ROTORS

All that happened is PJ Grady sent out a few defective rear rotors.  I
have
two gripes about that.  One is that after I explained the problem, Rob
countered that if I didn't feel a pulsation then they shouldn't be a
problem.  Well, I didn't feel a pulsation and yet I still had problems.
After discussing it with other knowledgeable mechanics, they told me that
should have never even driven the car with rotors like that.  My other
gripe
is that I'm not the only one with defective rotors, and I haven't heard
anything done about it.  Well, that's not my business anyway.  I'll see if
can get him to take mine back.

When I installed these rotors, I also replaced the calipers & master
cylinder with PJ Grady stuff.  I can tell by the zinc plating on the
calipers that this is top quality work.  I also installed SS braided brake
lines from Marty Maier.  I was expecting an improvement in my brakes, but
the only improvement I noticed was no more pulsation.  Otherwise the
brakes
felt worse if anything.  My theory is that the wobbling rear rotors spread
the pads apart enough requiring extra pedal travel to get the pads back
against the rotors.  I'll know for sure when I get the car back on the
road
later today.

Walt