[DMCForum] Re: rear brake rotors

When I bought my car it had pretty much all the original systems on
it.  I upgraded to the P.J. Grady brake system all around-new rotors,
calipers, lines, master cylinder....there was a noticeable difference.
 The brakes were quieter and the pedal feel was more precise.  I've
put over 6,000 miles on my car since June 1, 2001 and there are no
brake issues.  No glazing, no squealing, no pedal pulsations, no
wobble whatsoever.  My hand brake works as if it were new.

One of our club members here in AZ also had with all original brake
equipment on his car.  Last year on the way to our group meeting with
Rob Grady his calipers seized on the rotors and by the time he limped
in the wheels were black from brake dust.  Since then his car
sat-until Saturday.  Rob came out to our club for the second annual
visit.  Rob, Evil Dan, myself, Ryan, and TIMMAY! tore apart the brake
system and installed Rob's full brake kit.  Again they were flawless.
 No runout, no wobble, plenty of meat to cut should they need it in
the future.

I'm 2 for 2 with Rob's brake system and I know a lot of other people
that will support it.  I've heard that the rotors will warp with
excessive torque on the lug nuts.  I've been informed that all it
takes is 60 ft. lbs. to keep the wheels secure on the D and that's
worked for me.

Matthew